How do you unmute text messages on Android?
How do I unmute a text conversation?
- Tap the Message+ icon . If not available, navigate: Apps > Message+.
- Select a conversation.
- Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right).
- Select Mute / Unmute Conversation.
How do I get my texts off silent mode?
If you’d rather not get an alert sound each time a text message comes in, you can turn it off by tapping on the Settings app, then tapping on Sounds, then tapping on Text Tone and it displays the sounds you can choose as your alert (by default, it’s set to Tri-tone).
How do I turn my text message sound back on?
These instructions are for the default Android Messaging app.
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
What happens when you mute a text conversation on android?
A small mute icon will appear next to the conversation, and you’ll no longer receive notifications about it.
Why do my text messages have no sound?
Check Notification Setting. … Incorrect notification settings are one of the major causes of SMS notification sound not working on Android phones. To fix it, you need to enable the required notifications. For that, you can open the message notification settings in the following ways.
Is mute conversation the same as blocking?
Silence their phone calls
While there’s no way to block calls from a contact completely (short of getting help from your wireless carrier, anyway), there is a setting you can try that’ll keep their calls from jangling your nerves: sending them straight to voicemail.
Can you just silence texts?
For Android users, swipe down from the top of the screen twice to reveal the Quick connect menu, or tap the top of the screen twice. Click the ‘Do not disturb’ button to silence all calls, texts, notifications and alarms.
How do I not receive text messages without blocking them?
How to Stop Receiving Messages from Someone on WhatsApp Without Blocking
- On your Android or iOS smartphone, open WhatsApp.
- To mute a contact, press and hold the contact’s name.
- At the top, select the mute symbol.
- Choose the duration of the silence.
What does muting text messages do?
Muting a conversation disables notifications.
How do I fix my text messages not showing up?
How to fix messaging on your Android phone
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options at the bottom: Clear data and Clear cache.
Why are my messages not showing up on my Android?
Why is my phone not showing message notifications? Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Why won’t my Samsung make a noise when I get a text?
You might have accidentally enabled Mute or Vibration mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone and that’s why you don’t hear notification sounds. To disable those modes, you need to enable Sound mode. For that, go to Settings > Sounds and vibration. Check the box under Sound.