How do I reset my phone without the screen?
Samsung also outlines an alternative factory reset technique you can try in its online help:
- Switch off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Power button and the Home button at the same time.
- When you feel the device vibrate, release ONLY the Power button.
- A screen menu will now appear.
How do I restart my Android phone if the touchscreen isn’t working?
Reboot Your Phone
Press and hold the Power button to display the power menu, then tap Restart if you’re able. If you’re unable to touch the screen to select the option, on most devices you can hold down the Power button for several seconds to switch off your phone.
How do I wipe my Android phone with a broken screen?
Steps To Wipe Data From Android Phone With Broken Screen
- Step 1: Connect Your Android Device To Computer. Launch Android Data Eraser on your computer.
- Step 2: Start Erasing Your Android Device. …
- Step 3: Finally Perform Factory Data Reset on Your Android Device.
Why is my Samsung phone screen black?
If there is a critical system error causing the black screen, this should get your phone working again. … Depending on the model Android phone you have you may need to use some combination of buttons to force restart the phone, including: Press & hold the Home, Power, & Volume Down/Up buttons.
How can I restart my Samsung phone without the screen?
You could try a soft reboot by trying something like “If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power button and the Volume button down simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.” Wake up the screen (when the screen is off).
How do I turn off my Samsung phone without touchscreen?
You could try and press/hold the power button and volume down whilst the power is plugged in should turn it off. If you don’t have the power plugged in it will reboot only.
How do you factory reset a Samsung phone that is locked?
Simultaneously press and hold the power button + volume up button + home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the power button. Release the volume up button and home key when the recovery screen appears. From the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
How do I factory reset my dead phone?
Hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up. You’ll see the Android system recovery menu appear at the top of your screen. Select wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it. Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap Power.
What to do if touchscreen stops working?
Press and hold the power button and volume UP button (some phones use power button volume Down button) at the same time; Afterwards, release the buttons after an Android icon appears on the screen; Use the volume buttons to choose “wipe data/factory reset” and press the power button to confirm.
How do you fix an unresponsive touch screen?
You can often fix an unresponsive touch screen by cleaning it or resetting the device.
- Remove the plastic touch screen protector sheet. …
- Wipe the screen with a soft microfiber cloth. …
- Dry your hands thoroughly. …
- Reset the device. …
- Delete any third-party applications you recently installed. …
- Recalibrate the touch screen.
What do you do when your phone touch screen isnt working?
Basic Fixes for a Touch Screen That’s Not Working
- Clean the screen with a lint-free cloth.
- Restart your device.
- Remove your case or screen protector.
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry and that you aren’t wearing gloves.
Can I retrieve data from broken phone?
Connect your Android device to your PC using a USB cable. … Fone toolkit for Android on your PC. Select ‘Data Extraction (Damaged Device)’ Select which filetypes to scan.
How do I transfer my broken phone to my new phone?
#2. Transfer Data from Broken Android to A New Phone
- Connect your broken Android and your new phone to PC/Mac.
- Enable USB debugging on your broken Android device.
- Select the file types that you want to transfer.
- Click “Start Copy” to transfer data from your broken Android to the new phone.