How do I clear my text cache on Android?
- Open the app drawer.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on your Messaging App.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear data.
How do I clear my text messages cache?
Here’s how to clear app cache:
- Go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Tap Storage. Tap “Storage” in your Android’s settings. …
- Tap Internal Storage under Device Storage. Tap “Internal storage.” …
- Tap Cached data. Tap “Cached data.” …
- Tap OK when a dialog box appears asking if you’re sure you want to clear all app cache.
How do I clear cache and data of the text messaging app?
Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps. Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap its listing. Tap the Clear cache button.
What happens when you clear messages cache?
Typically, if you face any issue with an Android app on your phone or tablet, you must have been told to clear its cache or data. When you press the Clear data button, you will be greeted by the message that it will delete your account and files. Now that could jolt anyone.
Does clearing cache delete texts?
Clearing the app cache will not delete your messages. Deleting the app data will, though.
How do I clear the cache on my Samsung phone?
Clear Individual App Cache
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
- Navigate: Settings. > Apps.
- Locate then select the appropriate app. …
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear cache (bottom-right).
What’s the difference between clear cache and clear data?
Clearing App Data resets the application to scratch while clearing App Cache removes all the temporarily stored files.
What does Clear cache mean?
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
Is it OK to clear data?
Clearing out cache won’t save a ton of space at once but it will add up. … These caches of data are essentially just junk files, and they can be safely deleted to free up storage space. Select the app you want, then the Storage tab and, finally the Clear Cache button to take out the trash.
What happens if I clear data from an app?
When the app cache is cleared, all of the mentioned data is cleared. Then, the application stores more vital information like user settings, databases, and login information as data. More drastically, when you clear the data, both cache and data are removed.
Will clearing cached data delete pictures?
2 Answers. The device should only clear the thumbnail cache which is used to show the images faster in the gallery when you scroll. It is also used in other places such as file manager. The cache will be rebuild again unless you reduce the number of images on your device.