How clean install macOS High Sierra from USB?
Create a bootable macOS installer
- Download macOS High Sierra from the App Store. …
- When it’s finished, the installer will launch. …
- Plug in the USB stick and launch Disk Utilities. …
- Click the Erase tab and make sure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected in the format tab.
- Give the USB stick a name, then click Erase.
How do you do a clean install of macOS from USB?
Use the mouse pointer or the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the disk called “Install macOS Sierra” in the drive list that appears on the screen. Once the USB drive has booted, select “Disk Utility” from the Utilities window, choose your Mac’s startup drive from the list, and click “Erase”.
How do I do a clean install of macOS Sierra?
How to Perform a Clean Install of macOS High Sierra
- Step 1: Backup Your Mac. As noted, we’re going to completely erase everything on the Mac. …
- Step 2: Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Installer. …
- Step 3: Erase and Reformat the Mac’s Boot Drive. …
- Step 4: Install macOS High Sierra. …
- Step 5: Restore Data, Files and Apps.
How do I make my High Sierra bootable USB?
To install High Sierra from a USB using your startup disk drive:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Startup Disk and select the installer.
- Restart your Mac.
- Hold down Command (⌘) + R to boot into recovery mode.
- Connect your macOS High Sierra bootable USB.
- Within a few seconds, a macOS Utility screen should pop up.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall?
If you’re reinstalling on a Mac notebook computer, plug in the power adapter.
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery: …
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
How do I reinstall Mac from scratch?
Enter Recovery (either by pressing Command+R on an Intel Mac or by pressing and holding the power button on a M1 Mac) A macOS Utilities window will open, on which you will see the options to Restore From Time Machine Backup, Reinstall macOS [version], Safari (or Get Help Online in older versions) and Disk Utility.
How do I install OSX on new hard drive from USB?
Insert the flash drive in a USB port on your Mac. Start the Mac and hold down the option key. Select to boot from the flash drive. Use the Disk Utility application to create a single partition to install El Capitan (OS X 10.11).
How can I reinstall macOS High Sierra?
Hold down Option-Command-R as you turn on or restart your Mac. Release the keys when a spinning globe appears. This will boot the latest version of Recovery Mode over the Internet, which will offer to install macOS High Sierra.
Where can I download macOS High Sierra installer?
How to Download the Full “Install macOS High Sierra. app” Application
- Go to dosdude1.com here and download the High Sierra patcher application*
- Launch “MacOS High Sierra Patcher” and ignore everything about patching, instead pull down the “Tools” menu and choose “Download MacOS High Sierra”
How do I install macOS Sierra after download?
Here’s how to download and install macOS Sierra:
- Go to this link (or through the App Store) to get to the download page.
- Click “Download” and wait while it downloads. …
- Click Continue in the macOS installer.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Agree in the pop-up box.
- Click Install when it shows your boot drive.
Why can’t I install macOS Big Sur?
If you’re still having problems downloading macOS Big Sur, try to find the partially-downloaded macOS 11 files and a file named ‘Install macOS 11’ on your hard drive. Delete them, then reboot your Mac and try to download macOS Big Sur again. … Finally, try logging out of the Store to see if that restarts the download.
How do I do a clean install on my Mac?
Step 4: Wipe your Mac
- Connect your boot drive.
- Start up – or restart – your Mac while holding down the Option key (also known as Alt). …
- Choose to install your chosen version of macOS from the external drive.
- Select Disk Utility.
- Select your Mac’s start up disc, probably called Macintosh HD or Home.
- Click on Erase.
How do I boot a Mac from a USB drive?
Press and hold the “Option” key when you hear the startup sounds—this will bring you to the Startup Manager. Once the Startup Manager appears, you can release the Option key. Startup Manager will then start scanning your device for drives it can boot from, including your USB.