How do I change my OS in bios?
Turn on the device and when the Handheld logo is showing, click F2 on the keypad repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu. Navigate over to the Advanced tab. Choose Miscellaneous Configuration. Navigate over to OS Selection and change it to Windows 8.
How do I change my default boot OS?
Set Windows 7 as the Default OS on Dual Boot System Step-By-Step
- Click Windows Start button and type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with the mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click Windows 7 (or whichever OS you want to set as default at boot) and Click Set as Default. …
- Click either box to finish the process.
How do I change the default boot drive in Windows 10?
How do I change default boot drive?
- In the boot loader menu, click the link Change defaults or choose other options at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next page, click Choose a default operating system.
- On the next page, select the OS you want to set as the default boot entry.
What happens when reset BIOS?
Resetting your BIOS restores it to the last saved configuration, so the procedure can also be used to revert your system after making other changes. Whatever situation you may be dealing with, remember that resetting your BIOS is a simple procedure for new and experienced users alike.
How do I change my operating system?
Boot from your installation disc.
- Common Setup keys include F2, F10, F12, and Del/Delete.
- Once you are in the Setup menu, navigate to the Boot section. Set your DVD/CD drive as the first boot device. …
- Once you’ve selected the correct drive, save your changes and exit Setup. Your computer will reboot.
How do I change boot options?
To edit boot options in Windows, use BCDEdit (BCDEdit.exe), a tool included in Windows. To use BCDEdit, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the computer. You can also use the System Configuration utility (MSConfig.exe) to change boot settings.
How do I change my default GRUB OS?
You need to edit the /etc/default/grub file to set Windows as your default OS. You will then select the Windows partition, in my case “Windows 7 (loader) (on /dev/sda1)” including the double quotes and copy it. It will open the /etc/default/grub file with gedit.
How do I make dual boot default?
How to Change Default OS in Dual-Boot Setup
- First, open the run window through the shortcut key “Windows + R”. …
- This will open the System configuration window from where you need to switch to the Boot tab.
- Now select the Operating System which you want to set as default then click on the “Set as default” button.
How do I change the boot order in Windows 10 without BIOS?
Once the computer boots up, it will take you to the Firmware settings.
- Switch to Boot Tab.
- Here you will see Boot Priority which will list connected hard drive, CD/DVD ROM and USB drive if any.
- You can use the arrow keys or + & – on your keyboard to change the order.
- Save and Exit.
What is the UEFI Windows Boot Manager?
The Windows Boot Manager is a Microsoft-provided UEFI application that sets up the boot environment. Inside the boot environment, individual boot applications started by the Boot Manager provide functionality for all customer-facing scenarios before the device boots.