How do I change the administrator on my computer?
How to Change Administrator on Windows 10 via Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. …
- Then click Settings. …
- Next, select Accounts.
- Choose Family & other users. …
- Click on a user account under the Other users panel.
- Then select Change account type. …
- Choose Administrator in the Change account type dropdown.
How do I remove administrator account in Windows 10?
How to Delete an Administrator Account in Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Click on Settings. …
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. …
- Choose the admin account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove. …
- Finally, select Delete account and data.
How do you change administrators on Windows 10?
Follow the steps below to change a user account.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Change account type.
- Click the user account you want to change.
- Click Change the account type.
- Select Standard or Administrator.
How do I get full administrator privileges on Windows 10?
How to enable the Windows 10 Administrator account using the command prompt
- Open a command prompt as an administrator by typing cmd in the search field.
- From the results, right-click the entry for Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
- At the command prompt, type net user administrator.
How do I become the administrator of my own computer?
- Open the Start menu.
- Right-click “Computer.” Choose “Manage” from the pop-up menu to open the Computer Management window.
- Click the arrow next to Local Users and Groups in the left pane.
- Double-click the “Users” folder.
- Click “Administrator” in the center list.
How do I change administrator name?
To change the administrator name on your Microsoft account:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Computer Management and select it from the list.
- Select the arrow next to Local Users and Groups to expand it.
- Select Users.
- Right-click Administrator and select Rename.
- Type a new name.
How do I run Windows 10 as an administrator?
If you’d like to run a Windows 10 app as an administrator, open the Start menu and locate the app on the list. Right-click the app’s icon, then select “More” from the menu that appears. In the “More” menu, select “Run as administrator.”
How do I reset my Windows 10 password without administrator rights?
If you don’t have the admin password for a Windows PC, you can reset Windows 10 to factory settings pretty easily from the login screen. In the bottom-right corner of the login screen, you’ll see options to change your network settings, access Windows accessibility options, or power down your PC.