How do I find my Linux operating system version?
Check os version in Linux
- Open the terminal application (bash shell)
- For remote server login using the ssh: ssh user@server-name.
- Type any one of the following command to find os name and version in Linux: cat /etc/os-release. lsb_release -a. hostnamectl.
- Type the following command to find Linux kernel version: uname -r.
How do I check my system specs on Linux?
Basic Linux Commands to Check Hardware and System Information
- Printing Machine Hardware Name (uname –m uname –a) …
- lscpu. …
- hwinfo- Hardware Information. …
- lspci- List PCI. …
- lsscsi-List sci devices. …
- lsusb- List usb buses and device details. …
- lsblk- List block devices. …
- df-disk space of file systems.
Which is my operating system?
Select the Start button > Settings > System > About . Under Device specifications > System type, see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. Under Windows specifications, check which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
What is the command to check operating system version?
==>Ver(command) is used to see the version of operating system.
How do I find RAM in Linux?
- Open the command line.
- Type the following command: grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo.
- You should see something similar to the following as output: MemTotal: 4194304 kB.
- This is your total available memory.
How do I check my system specs?
To check your PC hardware specs, click on the Windows Start button, then click on Settings (the gear icon). In the Settings menu, click on System. Scroll down and click on About. On this screen, you should see specs for your processor, Memory (RAM), and other system info, including Windows version.
What is x86_64 in Linux?
Linux x86_64 (64-bit) is a Unix-like and mostly POSIX-compliant computer operating system (OS) assembled under the model of free and open-source software development and distribution. Using host OS (Mac OS X or Linux 64-bit) you can build native application for Linux x86_64 platform.
Which command is used to install the packages in Linux?
The APT is the tool, commonly used to install packages, remotely from the software repository. In short it’s a simple command based tool that you use to install files/softwares. Complete command is apt-get and it’s the easiest way to install files/Softwares packages.
What are the types of operating system?
Types of Operating Systems
- Batch OS.
- Distributed OS.
- Multitasking OS.
- Network OS.
- Mobile OS.