How do I get into the BIOS on my computer?
To access your BIOS, you’ll need to press a key during the boot-up process. This key is often displayed during the boot process with a message “Press F2 to access BIOS”, “Press <DEL> to enter setup”, or something similar. Common keys you may need to press include Delete, F1, F2, and Escape.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
How can I enter BIOS without keyboard?
How to enter bios without keyboard
- Press the Reset CMOS button. Not all motherboards have such a button, so this won’t always be an option.
- Change the setting on the Reset CMOS jumper. …
- Remove the motherboard battery, leave it out for a few seconds, and put it back in.
What is the boot menu key for Windows 10?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.
How do I get to the boot menu on Windows 10?
All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options. Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”. Windows will automatically start in advanced boot options after a short delay.
What function does BIOS perform?
BIOS (basic input/output system) is the program a computer’s microprocessor uses to start the computer system after it is powered on. It also manages data flow between the computer’s operating system (OS) and attached devices, such as the hard disk, video adapter, keyboard, mouse and printer.
How do I adjust BIOS settings?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST). …
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility: …
- Navigate to the item to be modified. …
- Press Enter to select the item.
How do I close BIOS setup?
Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS setup utility. In the Setup Confirmation dialog box, press the ENTER key to save the changes and exit.
How do I get into BIOS with Bluetooth keyboard?
Connect a USB wired or wireless keyboard to the Intel Compute Stick. Start the computer and press F2 when prompted to enter BIOS Setup. Use the arrow key on the keyboard to go to the Configuration page. Select Bluetooth Configuration, then Device List.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
Can you enter BIOS with USB keyboard?
All new motherboards now work natively with USB keyboards in the BIOS. Some of the older ones didnt, because the USB legacy function isnt activated by default on them.