How do I remove administrator account in Windows 8?
Thank you for keeping us posted. a) Click on the “Windows key + X” and then select “Computer Management”. b) Now, select “Local users and groups” and then “Users”. c) Now, Right Click on the account that you want to delete and click “Delete”.
How do I delete the original administrator account?
How to Delete an Administrator Account in Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Click on Settings. …
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. …
- Choose the admin account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove. …
- Finally, select Delete account and data.
How do I bypass administrator privileges in Windows 8?
To do that you need to do the following:
- Press the Windows key to get into the Metro interface if you are not already there.
- Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
- This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
- Accept the UAC prompt.
How do I remove administrator rights from my computer?
Right-click the administrator account you want to delete and then click “Delete” on the pop-up menu that appears. Depending on your computer’s settings, you may be prompted to confirm that you want to delete the selected user.
How do I log into Windows 8 as an administrator?
To Open the Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 8.1:
- Go to Windows 8.1 UI by pushing the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Type cmd on the keyboard, which will bring up the Windows 8.1 search.
- Right click on the Command Prompt app.
- Click the “Run as administrator” button at the bottom of the screen.
How do I change my administrator account on Windows 8?
Open the Start menu and type in “User.” Select “Settings.” Select the “User Accounts” option in the top left corner. Select “Change your account type” from the User Accounts screen. Select a user, and then click the “Administrator” option.
What happens if I delete my Administrator account?
When you delete an admin account, all data saved in that account will be deleted. For instance, you will lose your documents, pictures, music and other items on the desktop of the account.
How do I disable Administrator account?
Use the Local Users and Groups MMC (server versions only)
- Open MMC, and then select Local Users and Groups.
- Right-click the Administrator account, and then select Properties. The Administrator Properties window appears.
- On the General tab, clear the Account is Disabled check box.
- Close MMC.
Why can’t I delete my Administrator account?
You can’t delete the normal administrator account when you are login with it. So, you should sign in with another administrator account (has administrator privilege), and then remove that one you don’t need. Built-in administrator can’t be truly removed from your Windows 10 system, but can be disabled and hidden.
How do I override administrator password?
1. Use Windows Local Administrator Password
- Step 1: Open your login screen and press “Windows logo key” + “R” to open Run dialog box. Write netplwiz and click enter.
- Step 2: Uncheck the box – Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. …
- Step 3: It will lead you to the Set New Password dialogue box.
How do I unlock my administrator account?
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to unlock the computer. Type the logon information for the last logged on user, and then click OK. When the Unlock Computer dialog box disappears, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and log on normally.
How do you unlock Windows Administrator account?
Method 2 – From Admin Tools
- Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
- Type “lusrmgr. msc“, then press “Enter“.
- Open “Users“.
- Select “Administrator“.
- Uncheck or check “Account is disabled” as desired.
- Select “OK“.