How do I uninstall and reinstall my mouse driver?
msc and press Enter to open Device Manager. 3) Double-click Mice and other pointing devices to expand the list. Then right-click on the mouse driver you want to uninstall and select Uninstall device. 4) In the pop-up window, check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
What happens if I uninstall my mouse driver?
From the Device Manager, you can optionally uninstall the mouse driver; this forces Windows to automatically reinstall it the next time you restart your computer or attempt to locate new hardware, assuming the mouse is still attached.
How do I reinstall my mouse driver?
Reinstall the device driver
In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager. Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
How do I uninstall mouse drivers windows 7?
Solution. Launch Windows Device Manager and find the target device (for example, Mice and other pointing devices -> Synaptics Pointing Device). Right-click and select the Uninstall option. There should be a popup window next to the device driver to confirm the operation.
How do I unfreeze my mouse?
There are several ways you can unfreeze a mouse on laptop devices. Start by tapping the “F7,” “F8” or “F9” keys at the top of your keyboard while releasing the “Fn” key at the bottom of your laptop, near the space bar. If it doesn’t work, check your hardware (USB ports and mouse) for any flaw.
How do I reinstall my wireless mouse driver?
Method 4: Reinstall Wireless Mouse Driver
- Press Windows Key + R then type “devmgmt. …
- Expand Mice and other pointing devices then right-click your Wireless Mouse and select Update Driver.
- On the next screen click on “Browse my computer for driver software. …
- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer“.
How do you reset your mouse?
To reset a computer mouse:
- Unplug the mouse.
- With the mouse unplugged, hold down the left and right mouse buttons.
- While holding down the mouse buttons, plug the mouse back into the computer.
- After around 5 seconds, release the buttons. You will see an LED flash if it resets successfully.
Why does my mouse not work?
A: In most cases, when a mouse and/or keyboard become unresponsive, one of two things are to blame: (1) The batteries in the actual mouse and/or keyboard are dead (or are dying) and need to be replaced; or (2) the drivers for either or both devices need to be updated.
Why did my mouse stop working on Windows 10?
First, try turning mouse acceleration on and off in your system settings. Head to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Mouse. Select the Pointer Options tab. Uncheck the Enhance pointer precision box to turn acceleration off.
How do I manually install a mouse driver?
Open Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
- Double-click your mouse.
- Go to the Drivers tab.
- Click Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Install any new drivers that are found.
- If no updates are found, click Search for updated drivers on Windows Updates.
How do I fix my mouse not being detected?
Corruption is often the cause.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select “Device Manager.”
- Find the category titled Mice and other pointing devices. …
- Right-click the mouse device and select “Update driver.”
- Select “Search automatically for updated software” and let Windows find the most suitable one.
How do I reinstall my Razer mouse?
To do so, you need to do these:
- Go to Razer Support website.
- Click Mice & Mats.
- On the open page, choose you mouse type Wired or Wireless. Or you can find your mouse under All catalog. …
- Click Software & Drivers.
- Find the drivers for PC and click Download.
How do I disconnect my mouse?
How to Disable a Mouse on a Computer
- Click on the “Start” button on your desktop. …
- Click on “System” on the Control Panel screen. …
- Click on “Device Manager” from the options. …
- Click on the “+” sign next to Mice and other pointing devices in the list.
- Click on the installed mouse to highlight the device.
How do I install drivers without a mouse?
How can I install a mouse driver without a mouse?
- Use driver updater software. The simplest and fastest way to install the missing drives is by using driver updater software. …
- Install the latest Windows updates. …
- Use the Device Manager. …
- Reinstall the current drivers. …
- Try a different port or mouse.
How do you restart a computer without a mouse?
How to restart the computer without using the mouse or touchpad?
- On the keyboard, press ALT + F4 until the Shut Down Windows box is displayed.
- In the Shut Down Windows box, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys until Restart is selected.
- Press the ENTER key to restart the computer. Related Articles.