Why is my Windows 8 not connecting to Wi-Fi?
The first thing you can do is try to diagnose the connection. To do this, open Network and Sharing Center. … The other thing you can try is to disable and then re-enable the wireless network adapter. Again, open Network and Sharing Center and then click on the Change adapter settings link at the left.
Can’t connect to this Network Windows 8 HP laptop?
HP PCs – Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8…
- Step 1: Use automatic troubleshooting. …
- Step 2: Reinstall the wireless network adapter driver. …
- Step 3: Update wireless network drivers. …
- Step 4: Check and reset hardware. …
- Step 5: Perform a Microsoft System Restore. …
- Step 6: Other things to try.
Why my HP laptop is not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Reinstall the Wi-Fi driver using HP Recovery Manager (preferred) … Scroll down through the list of drivers, select the name of your computer’s wireless adapter, and then click Next. Wait until the driver installs and restart your computer if prompted to do so. Try connecting to the Internet again.
How do I fix my WiFi on my laptop Windows 8?
Below we discuss a few simple ways through which you can fix all your WiFi connectivity issues on a Windows 8.1 operating system:
- Check that WiFi is enabled. …
- Restart the Wireless Router. …
- Clear the DNS Cache. …
- TCP/ICP Stack Settings. …
- Disable WiFi Powersave feature. …
- Update Network Adapter Drivers.
How do I fix my Internet connection on Windows 8?
Using the Windows 8 Network and Internet Troubleshooter
At the Start screen, type Control Panel to open the Search charm, and then select Control Panel in the Search results. Click View network status and tasks. Click Troubleshoot problems. The Network and Internet Troubleshooter opens.
How do I connect to a Wi-Fi Network with Windows 8?
Connecting Windows 8 to a Wireless Network
- If you are using a PC, move the mouse to the bottom or top right corner of the screen and select the cog icon labelled Settings. …
- Select the wireless icon.
- Select your wireless network from the list – in this example we’ve called the network Zen Wifi.
- Select Connect.
How do I add a wireless Network to Windows 8?
Manually Add a Wi-Fi Network – Windows® 8
Tap or click Search. Enter network and sharing into the search field. From the search results (located below the search field), tap or click Network and Sharing Center. Tap or click Set up a new connection or network.
How do I know my laptop Wi-Fi driver?
Right-click the wireless adapter and select Properties. Click the Driver tab to see the wireless adapter property sheet. The Wi-Fi driver version number is listed in the Driver Version field.
- Click the Start. …
- Right-click Computer and select Manage.
- Select Device Manager in the left pane.
How do I fix no Internet connection on Windows 8?
How to Fix “No Internet Access” Errors
- Confirm other devices can’t connect.
- Reboot your PC.
- Reboot your modem and router.
- Run the Windows network troubleshooter.
- Check your IP address settings.
- Check your ISP’s status.
- Try a few Command Prompt commands.
- Disable security software.
How do I reinstall my network adapter Windows 8?
How to install adapters on Windows 8 if plug-and-play fails?
- Right click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Open device manager, right click on your adapter, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
- Right click on your adapter, and then click Update Driver Software…
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
How do I fix the Wi-Fi on my HP laptop?
How do I fix HP laptop Wi-Fi issues on Windows 10?
- Update the wireless driver.
- Enable wireless key or button.
- Use automatic troubleshooting.
- Check and reset hardware.
- Reinstall the wireless network adapter driver.
- Perform a Microsoft System Restore.
How do I fix my wireless connection on my laptop?
Details of the steps:
- Check whether the laptop has a WIFI button, make sure the WIFI is on. Restart the laptop. …
- Restart the router. Make sure that the WLAN light is on or flashing, check the settings whether the SSID is broadcasted or hide. …
- Remove the wireless profile on the laptop. …
- Put in your password.
How do I fix the Wi-Fi on my laptop?
Fixes for WiFi not working on laptop
- Update your Wi-Fi driver.
- Check if Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Reset WLAN AutoConfig.
- Change adapter Power Settings.
- Renew IP and flush DNS.