How do I completely Reset my computer Windows 8?
How To Perform a Hard Reset in Windows 8
- Hover your mouse over the right top (or right bottom) corner of your screen to bring up the Charms menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select More PC Settings at the bottom.
- Select General then select either Refresh or Reset.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
Do I lose Windows 8 if I Reset my PC?
Thanks! If in Reset, you choose Restore Factory settings, it would restore the OEM partition i.e. Take you back to 8.1 if it came preinstalled. A much better option is to backup your data and clean install Windows 10: You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !
How do I completely Reset my computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I reset my Windows 8 laptop to factory settings?
The steps are:
- Start Windows 8.
- Go to Settings either by swiping in from the right edge of the screen or by pointing the mouse in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Change PC Settings.
- Click Update and recovery.
- Click Recovery.
- Under the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section, click Get started.
How do I factory reset my Windows 8 laptop without logging in?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How long does it take to Reset Windows 8?
Press “Reset” to begin. It should take around 15 minutes to complete; however, larger hard drives could take much longer. When the refresh has finished your computer should restart, leaving all of your documents and personal files in-tact.
Is resetting your PC bad?
Windows itself recommends that going through a reset might be a good way of improving the performance of a computer that isn’t running well. … Don’t assume that Windows will know where all your personal files are kept. In other words, make sure they’re still backed up, just in case.
Will I lose windows if I reset my PC?
When you reset your Windows 10 PC, all apps, drivers, and programs that did not come with this PC will be removed, and your settings restored back to defaults. Your personal files may be kept intact or removed depending on the choice you made.
How do I reboot in safe mode Windows 8?
Windows 8-How to enter [Safe Mode]?
- Click [Settings].
- Click “Change PC settings”.
- Click “General” -> Select “Advanced startup” -> Click “Restart now”. …
- Click “Troubleshoot”.
- Click “Advanced options”.
- Click “Startup Settings”.
- Click “Restart”.
- Enter the proper mode by using the numeric key or function key F1~F9.
How do you reset a Windows computer?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I completely wipe my computer Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option.