How do I reinstall Windows Media Player?
If you want to reinstall Windows Media Player, try the following:
- Click the Start button, type features, and select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down and expand Media Features, clear the Windows Media Player check box, and click OK.
- Restart your device. …
- Repeat step 1.
Where is my Windows Media Player?
To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
What happened to Windows Media Player?
This update, referred to as FeatureOnDemandMediaPlayer, removes Windows Media Player from the OS, although it doesn’t kill access to it entirely. If you want the media player back you can install it via the Add a Feature setting. Open Settings, go to Apps > Apps & Features, and click on Manage optional features.
How do I put Windows Media Player on my computer?
How to install Windows Media Player
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click the manage optional features link. Apps & features settings.
- Click the Add a feature button. Manage optional features settings.
- Select Windows Media Player.
- Click the Install button. Install Windows Media Player on Windows 10.
Can I uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player?
If this happens, one solution is to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player. However, you cannot use the standard Windows uninstall process — you need to use the Windows features dialog to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player.
How do I fix Windows Media Player error?
Windows Media Player errors
- Click the Start button and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point, and then in the System Properties pane, select System Restore.
- Follow the prompts to select the restore point just before the round of updates that seemed to trigger the problem.
Why is Windows Media Player not working on Windows 10?
1) Try reinstalling Windows Media Player with a PC restart in between: Type Features in Start Search, open Turn Windows Features On or Off, under Media Features, uncheck Windows Media Player, click OK. Restart PC, then reverse the process to check WMP, OK, restart again to reinstall it.
What is the default media player for Windows 10?
The Music app or Groove Music (on Windows 10) is the default music or media player.
Is Windows Media Player still available?
Windows Media Player 12 is the most recent version of Windows Media Player. … Windows 10 instead uses Groove Music (for audio) and Microsoft Movies & TV (for video) as the default playback applications for most media; As of May 2020, Windows Media Player is still included as a Windows component.
What is better than Windows Media Player?
The best alternative is VLC Media Player, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like Windows Media Player are MPC-HC (Free, Open Source), foobar2000 (Free), PotPlayer (Free) and MPV (Free, Open Source).
Does Windows 10 come with a DVD player?
Windows DVD Player in Windows 10. Users who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, or from Windows 8 with Windows Media Center, should’ve received a free copy of Windows DVD Player. Check the Windows Store, and you should be able to download it for free.
What’s the best free media player for Windows 10?
If you’re struggling to figure out the best option, here are the best free media players available for Windows 10.
- VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player is the most popular media player in the world. …
- PotPlayer. PotPlayer is a media player app from South Korea. …
- Media Player Classic. …
- ACG Player. …
- MPV. …
How do I download Media Player to my laptop?
How do I install VLC Media Player on my computer?
- Open your browser and go to www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.
- Click on the orange DOWNLOAD VLC BUTTON at the top-right of the page. …
- Click the .exe file in your browser’s download window when the download has completed to start the install wizard:
How do I download Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10?
Windows 10 Home and Pro
To do so, press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Apps > Optional features > Add a feature. Scroll down to Windows Media Player and select it. Click Install.