Where is the search box in Windows 7?
In Windows 7, you can find the Search box in the upper right corner of every folder. Try this by opening your Documents folder. Click in the search box and start typing your search term. You’ll start to see results as soon as you begin to type.
How do I perform a search in Windows 7?
When you search for a file or folder in Windows 7, you are much more likely to find it than you were with Windows Vista or Windows XP. Open the Start menu and type a search term in the search field at the bottom. The Search field and results in the Start menu.
How do I change search settings in Windows 7?
Change Search Options
Click the Organize button on the toolbar, and then click Folder and search options. After a search, click Search Tools on the toolbar, and then click Search Options. Click the Search tab. Select the What to search option you want.
How do I search by file type in Windows 7?
Use the search box on the Start menu
Click the Start button , and then type a word or part of a word in the search box. As you type, items that match your text will appear on the Start menu. The search results are based on text in the file name, text in the file, tags, and other file properties.
How do I turn on the search bar in Windows 7?
If you find that the search bar in the Start menu is missing, you can re-enable it through the Control Panel.
- Open the Start menu and click “Control Panel.”
- Click “Uninstall A Program” under Programs.
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- Click the box next to “Window Search” so a check mark appears in the box.
How do I add a search filter in Windows 7?
To add a search filter to your search
- Open the folder, library, or drive that you want to search.
- Click in the search box, and then click a search filter (for example, Date taken: in the Pictures library).
- Click one of the available options. (For example, if you clicked Date taken: choose a date or a date range.)
How do I fix Windows 7 search problems?
Windows 7 Search Not Working: Detect Problems
- Open the Control Panel and under “System and Security”, select Find and fix problems. …
- Now on the left hand panel click on “View All”
- Then click “Search and Indexing”
How do I search for audio files in Windows 7?
Click the “Start” button in Windows and enter a search term in the search function at the bottom of the menu. If you know the name of the file you’re looking for, simply type it in and hit enter. A list of search results will be returned, including the audio file you’re looking for if it exists on your computer.
What are the four main folder in Windows 7?
Answer: Windows 7 comes with four libraries: Documents, Pictures, Music, and Videos. Libraries (New!) are special folders that catalog folders and files in a central location.
How do I access documents and settings in Windows 7?
If you want to see the symbolic links, you have to enable first “Show hidden files and folders” in Folder Options. To access the Folder Options you must press “ALT” in Windows Explorer to make the menu visible. You’ll find them under tools. Now, you should be able to see Documents and Settings.
How do I change the view in Windows 7?
Windows 7 – Changing the default view in Windows Explorer
- Open Windows Explorer (also known as ‘Computer’ or ‘My Computer’) and open any folder.
- Click on the ‘Change your view’ button near the top right of the window.
- Select the view style you want to be the default – e.g. ’tiles’
How do I search for all jpegs in Windows 7?
Select the partition or folder to search in from the left pane. To search the entire hard drive, select Computer. Type kind: (including the colon) into the Search box and then click Picture to search for all pictures on your PC. The images are displayed in the right pane.
How do I search for a file type?
For finding a specific file type, simply use the ‘type:’ command, followed by the file extension. For example, you can find . docx files by searching ‘type: . docx’.