How do you get to PC settings in Windows 8?
To open the PC Settings screen, press the Windows key and at the same time press the I key on your keyboard. This will open the Windows 8 Settings Charm Bar as shown below. Now click on the Change PC Settings option in the bottom right hand corner of the Charm bar.
How do I go to PC settings?
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.) If you don’t see the setting you’re looking for, it might be in Control Panel.
How do I change default Settings in Windows 8?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I close PC settings in Windows 8?
Click the Settings icon and then the Power Icon. You should see three options: Sleep, Restart, and Shut down. Clicking Shut down will close Windows 8 and turn off your PC. You can more quickly reach the settings screen by pressing the Windows key and the i key.
How do I download PC settings?
Change download locations
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under the “Downloads” section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved.
Where is the control panel on Win 10?
Press the Windows logo on your keyboard, or click the Windows icon in the lower-left of your screen to open the Start Menu. There, search for “Control Panel.” Once it appears in the search results, just click its icon.
How do I reset my color settings on Windows 8?
Colors: Windows lets you tweak your desktop’s colors and sounds, sometimes into a disturbing mess. To return to the default colors and sounds, right-click your desktop, choose Personalize, and choose Windows from the Windows Default Themes section.
How do I change Windows default settings?
From the desktop, right-click the Start button and choose Control Panel. When Control Panel opens, choose System and Security and open Windows Firewall. Click Restore Defaults in the left column. (Be careful with this one, as you may need to reinstall some apps and programs.)
How do I reset my Windows 8 computer without a password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do I update my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?
Upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10
- You need to use the desktop version of Windows Update. …
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Control Panel and select Windows Update.
- You’ll see the Windows 10 upgrade is ready. …
- Check for Issues. …
- After that, you get the option to begin the upgrade now or schedule it for a later time.